Brian started playing tennis in Zambia at five years old, and has been passionate about the game ever since.
Brian developed a love for tennis early on. His father, Teza, played tennis socially in college. Teza would take all of his children to the tennis courts and teach them to play.
Brian started at to compete at 11 years old. His first coach was Mike Mambwe. Brian was then coached by Jerry Fears and Friday Kasulumbe through his teenage years. At 17, Brian and his friend Teddy Chambisha began to coach one another based on their own experience.
Teddy went on to become an ITF coach, and Brian received a scholarship to study in the US to play for Southwestern Illinois College, NCAA Division III.
While Brian did receive some outside coaching growing up, most of his training came from his 11 brothers and sisters: Kai, Chazya, Kela, Niza, Teza, Violet, Margaret, Happie, Towela, Mohabi and Elena. His family provided material, mental, physical and spiritual support.
While in college, Brian spent his summers teaching tennis in New York. He taught at the Bronxville Field Club, Lake Isle Country Club and College Racquet Club. After leaving college in 1999, Brian began teaching and coaching at College Racquet Club where he remains to this day.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Head Pro, CRC
- Founder, CEO BTennis
- USPTR Certified Pro
- USPTA Certified Pro
- USPTR Certified Director of Tennis
- Pat Etcheberry Certified Strength Conditioning & Movement In Tennis
- Adult and junior league coach
- Train junior and adult USTA and ITF sanctioned tournaments
- ITF experience
- International travel coach
- Students recruited to University of Rochester, Bowden, Wellesley, KEO University Japan
- NCAA Division III Gold Medalist, Midwest Region
- 21 years of teaching experience (3 years international, 18 years USA)